Toplum Gönüllüleri Vakfı (TOG – Community Volunteers Foundation) was founded in December 2002. The Foundation contributes to the personal development of young people by encouraging them to participate in social responsibility projects as volunteers. In doing so, it increases young people’s community involvement on a voluntary basis.
Every year the Foundation supports the realization of over 980 projects and activities implemented by about 40,000 young people in over 120 university clubs..
- Trains trainers who implement peer to peer trainings on subjects such as volunteerism, project management, human rights, social rights, reproductive health, health literacy and organizational management
- Offers face to face support to university student clubs according to their needs
- Provides scholarship opportunities and internships to young people
- Creates a learning environment that increases youth mobility, which in turn supports learning from other young people and youth organizations
- Supports young people’s ideas on social problems specific to their projects and helps them find financing for these projects
- Investigates and contacts stakeholders to increase awareness on the needs of university students within the public realm
TOG brings young people together so they may learn by experience, and so they may contribute to the continuity of a democratic society.